The Anchor Chain is a device that binds The Library to this dimension.
The Library cannot exist in a fixed place or dimension unless bound by the Anchor Chain.
This means that, until the Chain is reattached:
- No ordinary creature can enter the Library, not even a Librarian;
- The Back Door and similar devices will not be able to teleport things to the Library;
- Every Artifact housed inside the Library, excluding non-magical books, will be inaccessible
Reattaching the ChainEdit
Powerful enough magic can be used to reattach the Anchor Chain. The Librarians did so using:
- The Back Door
- The Libris Fabula
- The Wireless Power Transmitters
- An Assistant Learning Buddy app made by Morgan Le Fay
- As of "And the Loom of Fate ", the Library is bound to the Annex.
- Judson (and probably any other Librarian) can break the chain with magic if they feel that the Library is in danger;
- The Annex was mostly unnaffected by a broken Anchor Chain, as it is not a part of the Library itself;
- After the Serpent Brotherhood invaded The Library for the Crown of King Arthur, Judson and Charlene broke the seal anchoring the Library to the Metropolitan Public Library and closing it off until the end of Season 1.
- Shortly after the Chain is broken, the Library will literally fold itself like paper. If the living beings inside it do not manage to get to the door, they will be smashed.